My Short Take On Tesla Motors

Jul 26, 2012 9:57 AM | about stocks: TSLA
July 2012
It seems many people have an opinion on Tesla Motors (TSLA). As an Investor and Entrepreneur, I would like to offer mine. The company continues to progress every quarter and the value of the company continues to go up. There continues to be more positives than negatives.
---
Here are notes contained within the Tesla Motors Q2 2012 shareholder letter.
- We concluded the quarter with $266 million in cash resources.
- We currently expect to be close to free cash flow breakeven in Q4 of this year.
- Model S reservations at quarter end were over 11,500, and are now at about 12,200.
- This accelerating pace of reservations makes us confident that demand will surpass 20,000 Model S units for full year 2013 deliveries.
---
The possible negatives I see are 1) execution risk and 2) cash balances. 1) The company is offsetting the execution risk by focusing on quality and production control. 2) The company is offsetting the cash balance by considering an additional capital raise.
Therefore in my opinion, based off of the facts, I would determine Tesla Motors a good long term bet. If I were an analyst, I would recommend a Buy at $30.
Thanks, Roy Philipose
Disclosure: I am long TSLA.
Stocks: TSLA

Popular posts from this blog

A/X Growth Portfolio 2023

A/X Growth Portfolio 2022

Stock Ratings Update: Beyond Meat, Tesla, Roku